Welcome to the Insect Genomics Group
During the last few years 24 insect genome projects have been selected for financial support by the American National Instutes of Health (NIH) and some of them have already been completed. These exciting developments reflect the importance of insects both for agriculture and medicine (for details, please see our section "Insect Genome Projects"). Our Insect Genomics Group at the University of Copenhagen is strongly involved in many of the NIH-supported insect genome projects and we are active members of several large international insect genome project consortia.
Our insect work is financially supported by the Danish Research Foundation (Research Council for Nature and Universe) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation. The Danish Research Foundation grant covers expenses during 2010-2012, whereas the Novo Nordisk Foundation gives support on a yearly basis.
Members of the Center
• Professor Cornelis (Cok) Grimmelikhuijzen
• Associate Professor Frank Hauser
• Assistant Research Professor Giuseppe Cazzamali
• Assistant Professor Martina Schneider
• Research Technician Michael Williamson
• Postdoc Daniela Nowara
• PhD Student Karina Hansen
• PhD Student Elisabeth Stafflinger
• Erasmus student Justine Gence from Paris
• About 10 undergraduate students at different levels from the University of Copenhagen
• Professor Dan Klaerke (Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen)
• Senior Researcher Merete Albrechtsen (Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Aarhus)
Students (undergraduate, Ph.D., and Erasmus students) are very welcome to do research at our Center. For projects, please see our section "Student Projects".
Hansen KK, Stafflinger E, Schneider M, Hauser F, Cazzamali G, Williamson M, Kollmann M, Schachtner J and Grimmelikhuijzen CJP (2010). Discovery of a Novel Insect Neuropeptide/GPCR Signaling System Closely Related to the Insect Adipokinetic Hormone and Corazonin Hormonal Systems. J Biol Chem published online 2010 Jan 12 [Epub ahead of print]
http://www.science.ku.dk/film/vindere/ (short video ad from our Faculty of Science)
Last updated: 17-01-2010